RCCG NOVEMBER 2018 THANKSGIVING SERVICE
THEME: DIVINE VISITATION
MINISTERING: PASTOR E.A ADEBOYE
TEXT: 2SAMUEL 6: 11-12
SPECIAL PRAYERS FOR TENANTS, LANDLORDS, ESTATE DEVELOPMENT, HOMELESS MOTHERLESS, ORPHAN, WIDOWS, WIDOWERS, JOBLESS AND THEIR FAMILIES
Prayer: Father, any danger that may still be left in this year, keep them far away from my home.
Prayer: Father, concerning all Landlords who are here, let it be well with them, let there be peace in their homes. Concerning all tenants, Father please prosper them, let them also become Landlords.
Worship song: We give you all the glory, we give you honor. We give you all the glory, we give you honor.
TEXT: 2SAMUEL 6: 11-12 – What we would be talking about is DIVINE HABITATION. I want God to dwell in your house whether you are a Landlord or tenant. May the presence of God never depart from you house. There is a different from a house and a home. What goes on inside differentiate between a house and a home. For some a house is where you just sleep, wake up and go to work. For some a home is where you go and you relax and you enjoy.
What transforms a house to a home?
- Contentment – In a home there is contentment. You find contentment only in homes. Hebrews 13:5 2Timothy 6:6. In Ecclesiastes 5:12 Solomon says at times the wealth of a rich man would not allow him to sleep. Some people have a good house with air-condition but they find it hard to sleep. Philippians 4:19- The basic needs are supplied by God and if contentment comes with that your home will be sweet.
- Peace: Proverbs 17:1 – In our home in the villages, the food you can call it dry morsel. We ate our yam without palm oil, bread without butter but we enjoyed it. We have peace, no fight. We are not even afraid of the next neighbor. Isaiah 9:6 – If God is in your house there will be peace. Mark 4:31 If storm comes there is someone you can call and peace will come.
- Security: We feel secure at home. Psalm 91:1 Psalm 24:7-10 – If God is dwelling in your home there is security. Philippians 2:10-11 – When danger come Jesus would attend to it. Psalm 121:1-8 – In the home that God dwells, you sleep in peace because God is watching over you. There is only One God who does not sleep, who does not slumber.
- Joy: We had joy when we are young that’s why we never forget home. Psalm 16:11 when God is in your home there will be joy. Phil. 4:4
HOW DO YOU INVITE GOD TO YOUR HOME?
Prepare an altar for God. Turn your house to a home of God – Isaiah 66:7 1Corinthians 16:19 Colossians 4:15 Philemon 1, 2. Let God dwell where you live; so that morning, afternoon, evening you are constantly praising God. Psalms 67:1-7 – If you praise God constantly, He will bless you constantly. You practice praising God you will become addicted to it and you won’t even know what is called high blood pressure.
If you want God to stay in your home you must make him welcome; get rid of sin – Amos 3:3, 1Peter 1:15.
Altar call: If you want to invite God to your home you must first give your life to Christ, so that God will come and dwell in your home. Pray to God to save your soul and take over your life.
Prayer: Father, the all sufficient God, come and dwell in my home from now on
- Very soon this Nation will hear about you.
- The Almighty God will bless your household and the blessing will never end
- May the presence of God never depart from your home.
- You will never know sorrow again
- No more danger in your home
- The testimony that will be coming from your home from now on will be “life is good”