- The grace to continue in the ways of the Lord and never look back: after you have given your life to Christ and forgiven of your sins, going back to your sinful nature will make you even more vulnerable to the attack of the enemy – John 5:14…Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee. Also, only those who remain faithful to the Words are deemed His disciples John 8:31 …’If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;” And it is those who remain faithful to the gospel God would make known unto the riches of His glory. Colossians 1:23,27
- The grace to know HIM more: those who know their God will do great things (Daniel 11:32 paraphrased). You cannot operate under the authority of the One you don’t know (see Lke 10:19). This year, strive to know HIM more in deeds and in prayers.
- Divine Mercy: the mercy of God is abundant yet limited “I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy”-Romans 9:15. Pray that you be among the beneficiaries of His mercy this year. Read more
- Divine Protection: Read Psalms 91. Pray that the Lord should keep you and your family under His shadow.
- Wisdom and Understanding: a man who has wisdom and understanding has strength. A man who has wisdom of God will not take decision that would be detrimental to his destiny. This year, you can’t afford to make costly mistakes because of your lack of wisdom. The Liberal God is willing to release His wisdom unto if only you would ask of Him (see James 1:5)
- Pray against Evil Eye: Proverbs 28:22 revealed that a man who hastens to be rich has an evil eye and our Lord Jesus made it known in Luke 6:23 that “if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness” Wealth acquired outside the will of God would bring nothing but sorrow and pain on others. Examples are ritual killings, Internet fraud, stealing, corrupt practices et.c. Don’t let the pressure from friends and the lust for the things of the world propel you to deviate from God’s plan. Remember, when you seek the Kingdom of God these things you lust for would be freely given to you. See proverbs 10:22, 13:11
- Pray against ungodly utterances: many have been ensnared in the storms of life by the reason of perverse utterance; this must not continue in your life. “You are gods and son of the Most High” psalms 82:6 thus “Put away from thee a froward mouth, and perverse lips put far from thee” Proverbs 4:24. Meditate on these scriptures daily – Job 27:4, Colossians 4:6.
- The Attitude of Gratitude: Malachi 2:2 If ye will not hear, and if ye will not lay it to heart, to give glory unto my name, saith the LORD of hosts, I will even send a curse upon you, and I will curse your blessings: yea, I have cursed them already, because ye do not lay it to heart. So many have had their blessings cursed because of ingratitude. Even man who has shown kindness to you deserves your gratitude, let alone the Lord Almighty. When you don’t give glory to God for what He has done, you are taking His glory. Isaiah 42:8 – I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images. Give glory the glory He deserves this year, the more you show gratitude the more blessings you will receive from Him.
- Power of the Holy Spirit: The Holy Spirit is the promise of God for believers, without which we cannot know the deep secrets of God. When we give our life to Christ we receive the Holyspirit; however, some have grieved the Holy Spirit and now there’s need for the power to be restored in them. Read Psalms 51:10-12
- The grace to make Heaven:As you rejoice for witnessing a brand new year, do also remember that you are a year closer to the end of your journey on earth. Every man shall die save only those that would be raptured when the trumpet sounds. If Christ should come today, where would you go; eternal damnation or eternal life. Eternal life belongs to those who believe in Christ and eternal suffering for those who do not –John 3:15-19. If you are yet to give your life to Christ, please do so. For those in Christ “work out your own salvation with fear and trembling”(Philippians 2:12); “watch and pray”(Matthew 26:41) for the days are full evil. You will not miss your crown in Jesus name. Amen.
Have a successful Year 2019