THE LIGHT: INTEGRITY IS ESSENTIAL
“The integrity of the upright shall guide them: but the perverseness of transgressors shall destroy them.” Proverbs 11:3
Integrity is a state of being of honest, upright, just, undiminished; it means adherence to moral and ethical principles. It is one of the vital elements needed today in the church and society.
It is safe to say that integrity has eluded our society; it absence further imploded the major menace of our society, which is corruption. One can hardly find an Upright man in our society especially in the corridors of power. Now, people would easily let go of loyalty, just and moral character for material wealth and physical desires.
Essence of Integrity
- A man of integrity is always truthful and consistent in all he does. “He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much: and he that is unjust in the least is unjust also in much” Luke 16:10
- A person who upholds good moral character and honesty would be elevated; Great men would without doubt commit great project into their hands. Proverbs 22:29
- Someone with integrity would keep his promises and honor commitments. Ruth 3:12-13, 4:9-10
- An Upright man would recognize his ineptness and frailties, take responsibility and make effort to rectify them. Genesis 26: 9-11
- Above all, someone with integrity will live strictly in adherence to the word of God. The good thing about this is, he would get God’s blessings in return. Proverbs 3:9-10, Joshua 1:8
Like I said, our society is in dire need of men of integrity, you can be one, you can live an upright life. Pray to God to grant you the grace to do so. When you eventually become one, teach others to be upright.
Nigeria would be a better place only if you become a better person. Let the change begin with you.
Go and light the world. “Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven” Mathew 5:16