KEY PRAYER POINTS FOR THIS NEW YEAR
KEY PRAYER POINTS FOR THIS YEAR
- Give thanks to God for the gift of life: the fact that you are alive is a testament of God’s love for you and confirmation that tomorrow will be better. So many fell last year. Count your blessings and you will see that God has been faithful to you. But for him who is joined to all the living there is hope, for a living dog is better than a dead lion. Ecclesiastes 9:4 NKJV
- Pray to God that the challenges and the terrible situations you witnessed in the previous year will not occur in this new year. ….For the Egyptians whom you see today, you shall see again no more forever. Exodus 14:13 NKJV
- The grace to continue in the ways of the Lord and never look back: after you have given your life to Christ and forgiven of your sins, going back to your sinful nature will make you even more vulnerable to the attack of the enemy. John 5:14…Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.
- The grace to know HIM more: those who know their God will do great things (Daniel 11:32 paraphrased). You cannot operate under the authority of the One you don’t know (see Luke 10:19). This year, strive to know HIM more in deeds and in prayers.
- Pray for Divine Mercy: the mercy of God is abundant yet limited “I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy”-Romans 9:15. Pray that you be among the beneficiaries of His mercy this year. Read more
- Divine Protection: Read Psalms 91. Pray that the Lord should keep you and your family under His shadow.
- Pray for Wisdom and Understanding: a man who has wisdom and understanding has strength. A man who has the wisdom of God will not take decisions that would be detrimental to his destiny. This year, you cannot afford to make costly mistakes. The Liberal God is willing to release His wisdom unto if only you would ask of Him (see James 1:5)
- Pray against “Evil Eye”: Proverbs 28:22 revealed that a man who hastens to be rich has an evil eye and our Lord Jesus made it known in Luke 6:23 that “if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness” Wealth acquired outside the will of God would bring nothing but sorrow and pain on others. Examples are ritual killings, Internet fraud, stealing, corrupt practices et.c. Don’t let the pressure from friends and the lust for the things of the world propel you to deviate from God’s plan. Remember, when you seek the Kingdom of God these things you lust for would be freely given to you. (See proverbs 10:22, 13:11)
- Pray against ungodly utterances: many have been ensnared in the storms of life by the reason of perverse utterance; this must not continue in your life. “You are gods and son of the Most High” psalms 82:6 thus “Put away from thee a froward mouth, and perverse lips put far from thee” Proverbs 4:24. Meditate on these scriptures daily – Job 27:4, Colossians 4:6.
- Pray for the grace to be show gratitude unto God always: Malachi 2:2 If ye will not hear, and if ye will not lay it to heart, to give glory unto my name, saith the LORD of hosts, I will even send a curse upon you, and I will curse your blessings: yea, I have cursed them already, because ye do not lay it to heart. So many have had their blessings cursed because of ingratitude. Even a man who has shown kindness to you deserves your gratitude, let alone the Lord Almighty. When you don’t give glory to God for what He has done, you are taking His glory. Isaiah 42:8 – I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images. Give glory the glory He deserves this year, the more you show gratitude the more blessings you will receive from Him.
- Pray for the power of the Holy Spirit: The Holy Spirit is the promise of God for believers, without which we cannot know the deep secrets of God. When we give our life to Christ we receive the Holy Spirit; however, some have grieved the Holy Spirit and now there’s need for the power to be restored in them. (Read Psalms 51:10-12)
- Pray for the grace to make Heaven: As you rejoice for witnessing a brand new year, do also remember that you are a year closer to the end of your journey on earth. Every man shall die save only those that would be raptured when the trumpet sounds. If Christ should come today, where would you go; eternal damnation or eternal life. Eternal life belongs to those who believe in Christ and eternal suffering for those who do not -John 3:15-19. If you are yet to give your life to Christ, please do so. For those already in Christ “work out your own salvation with fear and trembling”(Philippians 2:12); “watch and pray”(Matthew 26:41) for the days are full evil. You will not miss your crown in Jesus name. Amen.
Have a successful Year ahead.